Tuesday, June 9, 2009

sartorially smart- and swine-flu free

I was so excited to find this article in the New York Times today devoted to two of my loves: public health and fashion!




http://themoment.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/29/masks-theres-something-in-the-air/?ref=fashion





Seems like the newest Fall trends include plenty of artfully draped masks, scarves, and headgear...one of the World Health Organization's recommendations for preventing the swine flu. Considering epidemiologists are worried that the swine flue make an even more virulent resurgence this fall and winter, I think this could be the perfect combo of preventative medicine and fashion saavy. Who know fashion could be so functional?



Although, I don't know about you, but I find this particular fashion statement even scarier than the swine flu:




Yikes!

1 comment:

jen lula said...

haha that last picture made me laugh. It is pretty scary looking.

I just posted a long response to the veg. comment on jenloveskev. Hope it helps!